The mission of Roxboro Community School is to achieve and maintain educational excellence by providing a small, inviting and nurturing school that focuses on grades six through twelve. RCS values and respects each member of our school family, thus enabling everyone to become effective, productive citizens. RCS will provide an environment that will direct our students to focus on relevant and rigorous learning that will continue after high school. It is the vision of our school to create educated, responsible and productive men and women who are equipped to face the challenges of the 21st Century.
It is the vision of Roxboro Community School to create educated, responsible, and productive men and women who are equipped to face the challenges of the 21st century.
Our Core Values
Roxboro Community School is committed to fostering a culture of respect that is embedded throughout the school, a culture that is built on the belief that all members are essential to a successful learning environment.
Roxboro Community School is committed to a culture of respect which includes fair treatment, honesty, openness, and integrity.
Roxboro Community School will maintain high expectations for all students and believe that all students can learn at high levels.
We are committed to maintaining:
- Trust in each other
- Recognition of everyone’s contributions
- High expectations for all staff and students
- Open, honest contributions without fear of retribution
RCS’s staff is committed to:
- Solving problems, not applying blame
- Respecting time and the time commitments of others
- Being aware of nonverbal communications
- Being an active, responsible member of the RCS team
- Providing and receiving feedback constructively and respectfully